Conversations on Teaching and Learning in a Networked World
Inspired by the VT & CoT Approach from PZ
Making learning visible and building cultures of thinking from early childhood on..
How are we fostering thinking cultures?
Are we encouraging productive thinking?
is it integrated into our curriculum?
How do we know? How are we making it visible?
You are all invited to make your Thinking Visible and share your thoughts and experiences!!!
You will see the thinking routine: generate/sort/connect/ellaborate done with children that just turned 4 years old
Silvana, the teacher, is in her first year of experience as a teacher and makes a reflection about it. She has been using many thinking routines and other thinking strategies through out the year. This is her second time doing this particular routine with this group.
There are many things we can reflect about this picture of practice.
If the micro lab protocol is to be used, a suggestion can be to use the cultural forces to look at it.
Some other questions I suggest could be useful are:
- What is the role of the teacher here?
- What opportunities of thinking were given?
- what worked well?
- What could be improved?
- How does this approach build up a culture of thinking and construct peace?
- What makes this picture of practice unique?
- What is it for?
- How are the ideas on this picture of practice like something I already do?
- How are the ideas on this picture of practice different to what I do?
- What is my point of view about the picture of practice?
- Why is this important?
- How can I use this routine in my own setting?
- ... ofcourse clarifying questions too.
Doing a chalk talk routine or even using the same routine used in the video to reflect about it is many times also useful and helps in the learning of the routine for those who haven't used it previously.
This group does not have any discussions yet.