Time: May 10, 2010 at 9am to May 14, 2010 at 12pm
Location: Weston, Florida USA
Street: 2803 Executive Park Dr.
Website or Map: http://www.educationfirstinc.…
Phone: 954 5937841
Event Type: international, institute, early, childhood
Organized By: Ana Maria Fernandez
Latest Activity: Mar 31, 2010
Ana Maria Fernandez and Edu1st.schools team
Intensive course to address the essential skills necessary to be an effective early childhood leader in a 21st century school
The institute spans 5 days and includes afternoon networking and reflection sessions.
Edu1st provides highly effective practical training by combining theory sessions with daily access to see the theory in action at our schools.
Participants can expect a high level of professionalism and should be prepared to work deeply and collaboratively with their colleagues who come from schools around the world.
Dates, Times, and Locations:
• May 10 - 14, 2010, 9:00am to 5:00pm, - NEW Spanish sessionWith special visits to Education First Schools
Weston Florida, USA
• October 25 - 29, 2010, 9:00am to 5:00pm,
With special visits to Education First Schools
Weston FL USA
• Monday, 18:30-20:30
• Workshops, plenary and group sessions
Tuesday through Thursday
• Morning observations at Edu1st.preschools
• Afternoon sessions, plenary and group reflection time
• Closing group sessions and plenary
Special dinner and closing
• Thursday, 18:30 – 21:30
This Five-day institute includes daily presentations, interactive workshops, small group sessions and visits to classrooms featuring students and teachers engaged with thinking routines and other strategies to encourage thinking in the classroom.
Participants will hear from colleagues and researchers as to the Power of Making Thinking Visible through documentation, Thinking routines, concept maps and the use of the language of thinking in early childhood settings.
The Power of Making Thinking Visible Institute is an opportunity for teachers and school administrators to engage with the ideas associated with Visible Thinking, Culture of Thinking, Artful Thinking and TfU.
Although the institute is focused on early childhood ages, the theory, routines and strategies used during the presentations and at the schools, are all used in elementary, middle schools and high schools around the world too.
• Learn about Visible Thinking approach and practice thinking routines designed to make students’ thinking visible.
• Hear from experienced colleagues that have been working with the Visible Thinking approach from Harvard University in early childhood settings
• Visit classrooms to see thinking in action
• Explore the cultural forces as leverage points for creating a culture of thinking
• View students’ thinking through gallery walks
• Develop skills in collaborating with colleagues
• Build lasting relationships with colleagues across the world
• Leave with an action plan to implement back home
All registrants will receive pre-read materials before arriving at the institutes. These reading can typically be completed in a few hours.
Handouts will be assigned by the instructors.
This conference is intended for early childhood professionals outside Florida, elementary teachers, and school administrators with a genuine interest in enhancing early childhood education. We highly encourage teams of four or more participants.
In order to receive a certificate of completion, participants must complete the full 5-day institute.
$350 per participant. Includes conference, materials, and meals
Early birds $300 before February 26, 2010
10% discount for groups of 3 participants and over.
Adriana Madrinan - email@example.com