The University of Leicester’s Beyond Distance Research Alliance, joint winner of the Association of Learning Technology “Learning Technologist of the Year” Team Award 2009, announces its 5th International Conference under the title of Learning Futures. The Learning Futures Festival Online 2010 will be held 7-14th January 2010, with the theme “Positively Disruptive.”
This year's event will be exclusively online so you can take part from wherever you want and at whatever time suits you! Keynotes and papers will be presented via a browser-based Elluminate web classroom; other e-tivities can be done anytime on our conference site. All you need is a computer connected to the internet, speakers, optional microphone, and the eagerness to learn and share with e-learning practitioners around the world.
We may recognise ‘too late’ the impact of innovation ... because it may shake up sustaining (even good) practice ... or be too risky ... too challenging ... too difficult ... unproven. Therefore, to greet the second decade of the 21st century, we invite you to explore positive disruption for learning from a variety of worldwide perspectives and themes.
1. Economics: why waste a good crisis?
2. Opening the e-doors to learner generated and open content: contributing or shrieking?
3. Learning from the learners: do they know?
4. Personalising the info-cloud: rain or sun?
5. Silos in universities: can you make the connections? Is your quest too complex?
6. Learning from failure: if you had your time again...?
7. Geo-everything: we know where you are - where are you going?
8. Second Life for the Second Decade: are we human or are we avatars?
Dr Stephen Bax, Professor Phil Candy, Aly Conteh, Dr Chris Davies, Stephen Downes, Professor Ian Jamieson, Professor Josie Taylor, Tessa Welch
Details, programme, and registration via the website: