I am thinking about enrolling for an online course, anyone with an idea of the best courses to study online?

Views: 47

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I have been very impressed with the courses through WIDE World http://wideworld.pz.harvard.edu/ through Project Zero. Students represent all corners of the world, the course design is straightforward yet well designed for learning (applies to your own teaching) and I can say it has dramatically changed (I think improved) my teaching.

Where-ever you end up, enjoy. Nadine Ball USA
Here is a link to Phoenix University. Check them out, they offer MA, ED, PhD on line. You have to travel to Arizona only 2 times in 2 years for about 10 days (unless the rules changes since I checked last time) The cost was about $18,000 a year.
Thank you, I will check them out.
Hello Sam,
Allow me to introduce U21Global, an online university formed by 17 universities from around the world. U21Global offers post-graduate programs for working executives, globally in the areas of Business Management, Technology Management and Finance Management. If you are looking for one of these areas, you may visit their website http://www.u21global.edu.sg
Hi Sam-

I'm a previous high school teacher who is now involved in adult education and corporate training. I'm currently pursuing my M.Ed. in Adult Education through Jones International University, as well as working there as a counselor.

JIU is currently named as one of the top 10 online schools in the world. The programs here are very interactive and highly regarded. I suppose that as a student and an employee, I have an obvious tendency to promote the school, but one of the great things about working at a small private school is that I have been highly educated in the world of online education. My job is to help students find the perfect online program for them...that could be JIU, or it could be one of the many others.

As a counselor, I would really have to know more details about what exactly you're looking for before I could suggest a school or a program. The top thing to remember is that accreditation is a top priority. If the school you're looking into does not hold regional accreditation, it is not worth your time. Also, keep in mind that no online school is the same as the next. Every school has different levels of flexibility, student services, and career development. Have a good idea of what you want out of an online school before you talk to a representative for one.

For example, JIU has no login times, no certain numbers of hours that you must spend logged in, and a very limited amount of group work. The school is based in Denver, CO, but you never have to travel here. We have a top tier career development center, as well as an indepth student services department. Other schools differ from these characteristics. It all depends upon what's important to you.

I'd be happy to chat with you and help you find an online school that's a perfect match for you. I have some great resources...JIU is a great school, but if it is not a good fit for your needs, I'll help you find a well regarded school that is. If this is something you think would be beneficial, here is my contact information:
Lindsey Lancaster
Direct Line: 303-784-8248
Email: LLancaster@international.edu
Office Hours: M-T, 9am-7pm (mst) and Friday 9am-1pm (mst)

Feel free to call or email at any time. If I'm not at my desk, just leave a message and I'll get back to you ASAP. I hope to talk with you if you'd like some guidance, but if I don't, I wish you the very best of luck!

Lindsey Lancaster
Hi Sam,

I just want to mention that if you are mainly interested in PD courses, not a degree program, PBS Teacherline courses are EXCELLENT.

Janice

RSS

A Learning Revolution Project

Education Quotes & Commentary

Twitter Feed

© 2019   Created by Steve Hargadon.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service