Session Title: How We are Flipping the Script
Your Name: Sarah Thomas
Work Title: Teacher/Technology Liaison
School or Organization Name: Prince Georges County Public Schools
Co-Presenter Name(s): N/A
Area of the World from Which You Will Present: Woodbridge, VA
Language in Which You Will Present: English
Target Audience(s): Educators, Administrators
Short Session Description (one line): In this session, educators will learn how to begin flipping their classroom, including how to overcome barriers to access.
Full Session Description (as long as you would like):
"Flipping" seems like the new educational technology buzzword of 2014, but what exactly does it mean? In this session, discover why a middle school ELA/Technology Integration teacher has fallen head over heels. Topics covered will include videotaped lessons, useful resources, and best practices to begin.
- be introduced to the concept of flipped instruction.
- discuss common challenges of flipped instruction and their solutions.
- preview and test resources for flipped lesson creation, editing, and curation.
- examine best practices for flipped instruction.
1) Participants will discuss any experiences with flipped instruction
2) Overview of the flipped classroom
3) Examples of flipped lessons
4) Flipping myths and realities
5) How to flip: participants will preview and test various apps for flipped instruction
6) Best practices
Websites / URLs Associated with Your Session: sarahjanethomas.com
URL to a Slides or a Video Showcasing Your Presentation Skills: http://www.sarahjanethomas.com/#!videos/c24sk