Session Title: iAuthor a Global iBook on the iPad

Your Name: Meg Wilson

Work Title: Technology Integrator

School or Organization Name: Avenues: The World School

Co-Presenter Name(s): N/A

Area of the World from Which You Will Present: New York, NY

Language in Which You Will Present: English

Target Audience(s): Classroom Teachers, Technology Integrators

Short Session Description (one line): Discover how you can collaborate with students of varying abilities from around the world to create a multi-media iBook.

Full Session Description (as long as you would like): Learn how to become an author in minutes by the Book Creator for iPad app to create iBooks that can be viewed on the iPad. Using the iPad, students can transform their writing into multi-media masterpieces filled with video, audio, photos, and text, while at the same time enhancing critical thinking skills. The process is great for both students and educators to assist in a wide range of learning opportunities, from the creation of stories and research papers to the formation of assessment materials. Discover how you can collaborate with students from anywhere in the world using an app that allows students a new kind of opportunity to reflect on their learning.

Views: 171

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Megan! I'm so excited you are going to do this presentation for RSCON4! I saw a similar presentation you did at the Mobile Learning Experience in Phoenix in 2012 that was awesome and I have referred to and shared the resources frequently! I loved your story about how you used your iBook presentation to present to your School Board to seek funding for iPads for your program. :-) Great model!

Peggy

Thanks so much Peggy! I did some fun stuff last year on making it a global collaborative effort, so I'm excited to share :)

Can't wait to see your presentation!! Thanks! Really interested in the global collaborative information! :-)

RSS

A Learning Revolution Project

Education Quotes & Commentary

Twitter Feed

© 2019   Created by Steve Hargadon.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service