Session Title: Motivating teenagers in the classroom

Your Name: Roseli Serra

Work Title: English Teacher , Mentor and Teacher trainer 

School or Organization Name:  Cultura Inglesa Casa Forte 

Co-Presenter Name(s):

Area of the World from Which You Will Present:  Recife, Brazil 

Language in Which You Will Present: English

Target Audience(s): Teachers of English

Short Session Description (one line): In this session I aim to talk a little about teenagers and share some activities I've experienced with my students. 

Full Session Description:  Adolescence is one of the most challenging times in our lives. I remember being a teenager, it doesn't seem that long ago. However, the cultural references and general ideas from my English students make it seem like I'm from the dark ages. Teenagers are the audience teachers fear most. Unfortunately, it's not just these generational differences that show in the EFL classroom, but also differences between what English teachers want to do in the classroom (work) and what teenagers want to do (anything except work). In this session I aim to talk a little about teenagers and share some activities I've experienced. Those are simple activities  that have engaged them and made motivated to learn English and arouse them the willing to learn effectively and with a purpose. 

Websites / URLs Associated with Your Session:

URL to a Slides or a Video Showcasing Your Presentation Skills:

http://www.roseliserra.blogspot.com.br/

Views: 266

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Great to see you are presenting too Roseli. :)

Hey sweet! Have just seen your message! TY for your support! Great you are presenting too! :) 

So glad to see you here, Roseli!

OMG1 TY so much for this warming support, Chaouki! What a pleasure to see you are here too! :) 

Hello,

dear Roseli, I am so happy to be finally listening to you!

Super! This is a very popular topic. Thank you for doing it! :)

TY Marijana!

Yeah, dealing with teens is always a challenge. I just want to share some simple thing I do with them and that make them happy and engaged.  TY for you support! :) 

I like your interpretation, I love the passion with which you send the message. A presentation very well documented. Congratulations! Thank You !

I learned a lot from you.Thank You !

RSS

A Learning Revolution Project

Education Quotes & Commentary

Twitter Feed

© 2018   Created by Steve Hargadon.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service