Session Title:  Promoting English Through Chess

Your Name:  Chaouki M'kaddem

Work Title:   Senior EFL Teacher

School or Organization Name:   M'saken 2 Middle School

Co-Presenter Name(s): None

Area of the World from Which You Will Present:  M'saken, Tunisia

Language in Which You Will Present:  English

Target Audience(s):  Language teachers

Short Session Description :  It shows how chess is optimum for boosting language skills.

Full Session Description (as long as you would like):

The session shows how the use of chess in the language classroom is an optimal vehicle for learners to learn the target language naturally and how it is supported by different methods, techniques and strategies such as CBI, cooperative learning, task-based, experiential learning, whole language strategies, problem solving, and Total Physical Response. As a presenter, I explore the different steps to be followed to put the idea into practice and provide concrete examples to show how chess can provide a content rich in learning opportunities for different students with different abilities and different learning styles to acquire content and to process, construct, and make sense of information. I also share strategies and classroom practices I have used in my own classes to teach and recycle a variety of target language aspects. Participants leave the session with the idea that chess provides content that is consistent with integrated language and content instruction through meaningful engagement and authentic language use as well as with a decision of using chess in their own classes.

Websites / URLs Associated with Your Session: http://creativechaouki.blogspot.com/p/blog-page.html

URL to a Slides or a Video Showcasing Your Presentation Skills:  http://www.slideshare.net/chaoukimkaddem/promoting-english-through-...

Views: 123

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Our sessions are on the same day, I'll be there in your session.  :-)

RSS

A Learning Revolution Project

Education Quotes & Commentary

Twitter Feed

© 2019   Created by Steve Hargadon.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service