The World Needs Your Contribution--Really! How my PLN Changed Everything

Session Title:  The World Needs Your Contribution--Really! How my PLN Changed Everything

Your Name: Denise Krebs

Work Title:  Educator

School or Organization Name: Between schools for a few months, as I'm moving overseas.

Area of the World from Which You Will Present: Iowa, USA

Language in Which You Will Present: English

Target Audience(s): Teachers, all levels; administrators; newbies and connected educators

Short Session Description: Five ways my PLN helped change everything and make school a joy for me and my students.

Full Session Description:

Three years ago, I joined in the world of connected educators and learned new ways to teach and learn—things I had not learned in 15 years from other educators around me. Everything changed (and is changing) for me. It wasn’t just about using technology in the classroom; I had always done that. This was much more significant—rubbing elbows with amazing educators in my PLN taught me a whole new set of skills, attitudes, and behaviors in the classroom. Five changes for me and my students include issues with choice, trust, learning, grading, and homework.

I’ll tell my story and leave time for others to tell theirs. Please join us if you have a story to tell, or if you don’t yet and want to learn how to transform your teaching for the better.

I’ll also share a reading and viewing list of the resources that have been most significant for me.

Websites / URLs Associated with Your Session:

My blog

Views: 304

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I was so excited when I saw your presentation title.  I am leading a meeting about creating PLN's with my staff in two weeks-- so this is very timely!  I will look forward to your words of wisdom and expertise!

Thanks, Pauline! I hope a lot of others will come to share their experiences too. I will be dealing with the WHY to have a PLN--so many wonderful results happen when you dare to join the conversation.

Here's a preview of my session for Sunday at 6:00 p.m. Central Time (GMT -5) I hope you can join us!

http://mrsdkrebs.edublogs.org/2013/10/11/the-world-needs-your-contr...

RSS

A Learning Revolution Project

Education Quotes & Commentary

Twitter Feed

© 2019   Created by Steve Hargadon.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service