*Teachers at Work: Improving Teacher Quality Through School Design"...
* Curiosity is the key. Isn't it?
* Concept-Based History Classroom
* I need some help, especially Apple Friendly teachers
* GoodWork Toolkit Blog
* In Memoriam: Theodore Ryland Sizer-June 23, 1932 - October 21, 2009
* School Lunches — Does Nutrition Matter?
* Who is the learner of the future? What matters most for this learner?
* Uncompensated Work: case in point - the business of academic publis...
* Selective Mute Student.
* "Why I Left Teaching Behind" --by Sarah Fine, Washington Post
* Teacher Preparation Webcast (an FYI)
* What are your current challenges?
Recent/Ongoing Group Activity:
* Mentoring Program: Pilot for 09/10
* Roots and Wings Exchange- Reclaiming Youth Network
* Raising Horizons Quest
* sustainability, news to know, complex natural problems
* Harvard Project Zero Classroom, and Future of Learning
New Blog Posts:
* The Educational Value of Smartmusic
* National Education Happenings
* Education and the Superintendency
* What if School Board Members were as Connected as Teachers?
* Redefining success in my state (argh!)
* Goodwork Toolkit Blog
* follow up to " raising kids with a wild streak"
* Halloween stories from the student Storybooks this semester
* Learning to say "no" - it only took me ten years! :-)
you can access those topics by going to the website's opening page, or by going to the current round-up:
If you have any reactions to how the site looks and feels, please share.
Do you have sites you'd like to recommend, sites that help us join together as educators and uplift our profession? (Of course Classroom 2.0 and Future of Education are super-important...)…
ey are the Market Leaders, and has now ventured into American territory.
Unlike many other tutor finding sites of similar ilk First Tutors: USA offer tutors the chance to deal directly with their clients. They don't charge commission on every session you give, and its totally free to sign up and create yourself an online profile to begin attracting students! They do charge a small fee once the advertising has proved its working - i.e. when someone requests your details to set up a lesson - but this is minimal, and they don't even ask that you pay it straight away.
Best of all First Tutors: USA have just inquired if I was available to manage their blog, so this is what I wanted to shamelessly promote :-)
The blog can be found here, and if anyone had any suggestion for articles that may be of interest or wishes to contribute just let me know! And of course, to any tutors out there, register yourself on First Tutors here: Register!…
blog as a 'sound board' for my students (middle school) and encourage them to collaborate, cooperate and engage with 21st century tools. I love this blog and thanks for your efforts . . .
ne, I am proud of my self how I easily did it, which means I have already learned a lot so far :). Love technology and PD ;) Check it out here http://englishlearning-marijanasblog.blogspot.com.es/2013/09/rscon4-what-where-why.html…
deas: 1.) We need noted researchers at the higher ed level to lobby federal and state legislator's hard to bring critical changes to K-12 education. Grassroots from classroom teachers not enough. 2.) We also need greater accountability for teacher professional development and practice in the area of technology integration into instruction. What gets measured, gets done. Our kids deserve our passion to change to meet their learning needs. 3.) Higher ed needs to walk the talk and revamp teacher education training to prepare our next generations of teachers with the competencies to facilitate learning with emerging technologies. OK, I feel better now...…