cretary of Education.
2. Money from the state or national government to hire one person at each school who does all of the busy work, (copying, fundraising money collection, etc).
3. More time built into the school week for collaboration, lesson review, and planning.
4. Low cost or free continuing education classes.
5. Get top people of the business, science, technology, medical professions to speak to teachers about what they want to see in high school graduates skills.
7. More in-services and follow ups to see if teachers are using what they learned.
For new teachers and education students
1. National standards for teacher education.
2. Quality mentoring programs for new teachers.
3.A national administrator program, one that focuses on bottom up, collaborative, and continuos improvement type leadership.
4.More time for education students to teach lessons in actual classrooms.
5.Stop making education students do crazy lesson plans that are pages long and give them practical ways of designing lessons and ways to monitor the success to see if students have learned the lessons objectives. I mean when have you actually wrote a lesson plan like the ones colleges made you do and when did some one scrutinize every word on the page. Not realistic.
6.Make it cheaper for education students to go to college.
7.More audits of teacher education programs at colleges.
8.More training of teachers on accessing students knowledge.
9. Get top people of the business, science, technology, medical professions to speak to education students about what they want to see in high school graduates skills.
10. Have college professors teach students in the same good practices of that quality high school, middle school, and elementary teachers use. Professors should stop lecturing, giving out busy work, and crazy term papers. They should start having teachers collaborate, interact, discuss, meet in small groups, do cooperative learning. The way professors teach is one reason teacher are not as good as they could be.
11. National standards for professors of teacher education.
One thing is in order to make better teachers you need to make better administrators.…