technologies and elementary education. I have taught in higher education for 6 years now and do some consulting for the local school districts here on the side. Education is all about the preparing individuals for life beyond of the classroom - the future (while understanding the past and successfully navigating the present), so this is an interesting ning to be a part of.…
it education (the traditional university) is impacted and how that impact can be corrected through resilience: more collaboration with other institutions and K-12, more focus on upgrading curriculum, examination of service methods and how to provide better service as well as access to quality education. Hope that makes more sense.…
cretary of Education.
2. Money from the state or national government to hire one person at each school who does all of the busy work, (copying, fundraising money collection, etc).
3. More time built into the school week for collaboration, lesson review, and planning.
4. Low cost or free continuing education classes.
5. Get top people of the business, science, technology, medical professions to speak to teachers about what they want to see in high school graduates skills.
7. More in-services and follow ups to see if teachers are using what they learned.
For new teachers and education students
1. National standards for teacher education.
2. Quality mentoring programs for new teachers.
3.A national administrator program, one that focuses on bottom up, collaborative, and continuos improvement type leadership.
4.More time for education students to teach lessons in actual classrooms.
5.Stop making education students do crazy lesson plans that are pages long and give them practical ways of designing lessons and ways to monitor the success to see if students have learned the lessons objectives. I mean when have you actually wrote a lesson plan like the ones colleges made you do and when did some one scrutinize every word on the page. Not realistic.
6.Make it cheaper for education students to go to college.
7.More audits of teacher education programs at colleges.
8.More training of teachers on accessing students knowledge.
9. Get top people of the business, science, technology, medical professions to speak to education students about what they want to see in high school graduates skills.
10. Have college professors teach students in the same good practices of that quality high school, middle school, and elementary teachers use. Professors should stop lecturing, giving out busy work, and crazy term papers. They should start having teachers collaborate, interact, discuss, meet in small groups, do cooperative learning. The way professors teach is one reason teacher are not as good as they could be.
11. National standards for professors of teacher education.
One thing is in order to make better teachers you need to make better administrators.…
easingly vital as more education moves out of the classroom and in the UK the student room is where that support is happening on a massive scale at all levels of education.
This is the study help areas of the site: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=11
Students come to the site and stay on it because its not just education, its everything thats of interest to them. The wiki on the site provides further tools for collaboration and we're looking to build on this. 1.9million unique users a month use the site. If you want any input in your talk from me let me know :)
all the best…