ance where i teach... Students involved into this projects are 10-18 years old... We share poetry of our countries, we create poetry and songs and we use Vokis, VoiceThreads, Video-Poems and Elluminate... We have also a project about "Our Towns in History, History of our towns", and many others...
Vincent from France, Provence, Manosque…
r accelerating evolution process of technology is changing the world we live, and as the planet is linear and scarce (as said in my favorite video http://storyofstuff.org), you will find that very soon a global governance has to be put in place, forced by the lack of global resources (food, water, energy, livestock, air, etc), we been looking at the other side for so long, in the push of more and new technology and comfort, and created a overinflated bubble of needs that cannot maintain itself without the proper governance.
Technology is taking the lead in showing how companies can auto-regulate through business process management and automation, business rules, open standards, nowadays managers has very little of innovators, but most of administrative workers just pushing the buttons by the company book, even CEOs has to follow guidelines and government restrictions (specially in the US and UK), well that will extrapolate to governments, cause organizations are becoming the new type of governments in a capitalist world, and they are country, religion, and culture agnostic organizations that veils only on economic measurements, and people more and more become "cost" on that process rather than resources, cause they make decisions others already made successfully in the past, and not always following the successful path.
- Unification of infrastructure (networking, virtualization, open standards, etc
- Unification of application stack (internet as a platform, web 2.0, open source, ERPs, etc)
- Lower cost of Infrastructure and applications (Software, SO and Infrastructure as a service)
- Explosion of data (web cams, mobile phones, chat, mails, blogs, speech-text-speech, 3d worlds)
- Global real time awareness (Data Analytic, Social networks, mashups, GPS, RFIDs)
- Global Process awareness (eGovernment, European Union, international trade, internet law, copyright)
- Global Education (eInclusion programmes, professional development, education continuum)
- Artificial Intelligence and High end computing is already controlling automatically world critical mission systems (NASDAQ, nuclear plants, transatlantic oil tank cargo ships, even the car you are driving every day)
Is just a matter of time ... :)